Welcome!

Thanks for visiting our family blog! Enjoy!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

An Unexpected Trip

Deklan became dehydrated after a few days of throwing up so his pediatrician recommended a visit to the ER. What an experience! I learn everyday that motherhood is unpredictable, wonderful, and terrifying all at once. Watching Deklan get poked with needles made me wish that my arm was the one being stuck. I wanted so badly to take his pain away. A quick glance at my own mother made me realize, that feeling, never goes away. As I was wanting to take the pain away from my child, my mom was wanting the same thing. That is the wonderful part of being a mom.

It wasn't easy being there without Andrew. However, with support from family, friends, and the strength our Heavenly Father provides, we got through it.

Deklan is doing better now. The medication they gave him for nausea has helped him keep his formula down which is helping him regain strength and energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment